COMPARE
COUNTRIES
Share this page
Social
Short URL
COUNTRY RANK
26 /79
SCORE
51 /120
STRENGTHS
Slovenia ranks 29th in the GCI 2019.

Slovenia generally performs above the global average in the majority of GCI indicators. Smartphone penetration has reached a peak, and there is growing demand for secured servers.

Slovenia has entered the phase of developing its cloud services. Medium and large enterprises that have the knowledge to use cloud computing services are to a large extent prevented from using them by security concerns and uncertainty about the location of the data, applicable laws, jurisdiction, and dispute resolution. Meanwhile, small and medium businesses are more likely to deploy their systems on the cloud. It would be helpful for Slovenia to address companies’ concerns by attracting more secure and mature service providers to the local market.
OPPORTUNITIES
Slovenia has several government strategies, including DIGITAL SLOVENIA 2020 and the Cyber Security Strategy and Plan for Developing Next-Generation Networks. DIGITAL SLOVENIA 2020 includes measures for harnessing the socioeconomic potential of ICT and the Internet for digital growth. It focuses on digital infrastructure, intensive use of ICT and the Internet, cyber security, and an inclusive information society. The Broadband Network Development Strategy identifies broadband networks as those transmission networks that enable a constant connection and high responsiveness to users in interactive multimedia applications. They are divided into backbone networks, access networks, wired and wireless networks. Slovenia will mobilize public funds to co-finance the deployment of next-generation open broadband networks, and will offer access speeds of at least 100 Mbps to 96% of households and a speed of not less than 30 Mbps for the remaining 4% of households.
Compare Slovenia's 2019 results with up to 3 other countries or years: Add another country
Share the results
Social
Short URL
Country Ranks
2019
/79



Country Scores
2019
/120



The Four Technology Enablers
Up from last year
Down from last year
SI 2019
   ---  Average 2019
BROADBAND
45
0 30 120
CLOUD
45
0 30 120
AI
45
0 30 120
IOT
45
0 30 120
The Four Pillars
Up from last year
Down from last year
SI 2019
   ---  Average 2019
SUPPLY
45
0 30 120
DEMAND
45
0 30 120
EXPERIENCE
45
0 30 120
POTENTIAL
45
0 30 120
The 40 Indicators
SI 2019
   ---  Average 2019
10
SCORE
10
SCORE
ICT
Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Telecom
Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
ICT
Laws
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
International
Internet
Bandwidth
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Fiber
Optic

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
4G
Connections

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
AI Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Cloud
Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Security
Software
Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
IoT
Investment

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
10
SCORE
App
Downloads

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
E-Commerce Transactions

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Smartphone
Penetration

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Computer
Households

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Fixed Broadband
Subscriptions
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Mobile
Broadband
Subscriptions
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
AI-enabled
Robotics


1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Cloud
Migration

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Secured
Internet
Servers

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
IoT
Installed Base

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
10
SCORE
E-Government
Services

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Telecom
Customer Service
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Internet
Participation

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Broadband
Download
Speed
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Fixed
Broadband
Affordabillity
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Mobile
Broadband
Affordability
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
IoT
Analytics

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Cloud
Experience

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Cybersecurity
Awareness


1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Data Creation


1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
10
SCORE
R&D
Expenditure

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
ICT
Patents

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
IT
Workforce

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Software
Developers

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
ICT Influencing
New Business
Models
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
AI
Potential
1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Mobile Potential


1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Cloud
Potential

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
Broadband Potential


1
CN
CN
CN
CN
10
SCORE
IoT
Potential

1
CN
CN
CN
CN
Powering Intelligent Connectivity with Global Collaboration
Mapping your transformation into a digital economy with GCI 2019.
Download now