Huawei Announces AI + Digital Platform to Accelerate Digital Transformation
[Shanghai, China, October 10, 2018] Today at HUAWEI CONNECT 2018, under the theme of “Power of the Platform,” Huawei Enterprise Business Group shared how its new digital platform strategy will enable governments and enterprises to accelerate digital transformation and achieve new levels of innovation and growth. Huawei also announced its AI + Digital Platform that adapts to various scenarios across industries; and a partnership with Tianjin Binhai New Area to create a smart city based on the adoption of the new AI + Digital Platform. In addition, Huawei launched a new smart campus solution which is being implemented by Vanke, a leading China-based real estate developer, to reshape its enterprise operations for growth and competitiveness.
The Power of the Platform Accelerates Digital Transformation
Yan Lida, President of Enterprise Business Group, Huawei, said: “Digital transformation is a complex process which requires a systematic approach and convergence of various technologies to integrate the physical and digital worlds. Huawei is committed to enabling our customers’ platform-based businesses with an ICT platform that allows partners to integrate industry-specific applications. In this way, Huawei’s platform serves as the ‘fertile soil’, enabling the growth of the industry ecosystem, and promoting digital transformation of various industries with our ecosystem partners.”
Huawei Outlines “Digital Platform + X + Ecosystem” Approach
Huawei Enterprise Business Group introduced its “Digital Platform + X + Ecosystem” approach offering customers a long-term strategy to accelerate digital transformation. With the Digital Platform as the foundation, new capabilities (the “X”), such as AI, IoT, Big Data, security, ICP, video; and the industry-enabling platform which integrates those sectors.
“Huawei’s Digital Platform offers three core advantages: it is full-stack, open and supports enterprises across multiple industries. Leveraging our capabilities in self-developed chips, mathematical algorithms and architecture design, we develop full-stack solutions including devices, the IaaS and PaaS layers, and the SaaS layer together with ecosystem partners. By implementing full-stack platforms, customers can focus on business innovation without spending precious resources on building their own unique digital technology platforms and capabilities,” said Lu Qi, President of the Marketing & Solution Sales Dept of Enterprise Business Group, Huawei. “Huawei delivers horizontal solutions with cross-industry standardization, and our Digital Platform can be used in a wide range of scenarios, as it supports both private cloud and public cloud. Additionally, Huawei is building an open, win-win ecosystem, in which our products and solutions can interoperate with those from other providers, offering customers the freedom to use the best solutions for their unique requirements.”
Lu Qi, President of the Marketing & Solution Sales Dept of Enterprise Business Group, Huawei
Lu Qi added: “Staying true to Huawei’s open approach, the Digital Platform allows partners to quickly develop upper-layer applications, and customers to digitally transform in an agile and efficient manner by focusing on creating business value rather than the integration of the underlying technologies. Using this approach, Huawei aims to become a long-term strategic partner for our customers.”
At HUAWEI CONNECT 2018, Huawei Enterprise Business outlined the enhanced capabilities of its Digital Platform designed to help enterprises compete and thrive in today’s fast-evolving digital world. The capabilities include:
- Multi-cloud: Huawei’s FusionStorage8.0 is currently the industry’s only solution that can deliver a 300 microsecond I/O response, a fully-distributed architecture with no gateways and active-active reliability; Huawei’s private cloud solution offers the most cloud services on the IaaS-layer in the industry.
- Network: Huawei’s industry-leading CloudFabric solution can support minute-level uplink and downlink of 10k containers.
- Devices: Huawei offers the industry’s first intelligent acceleration module Atlas200 that can perform real-time analysis of high-definition videos and advanced smart small cells.
- In addition, Huawei announced its all-new full-stack AI portfolio, allowing industry-specific AI applications to be integrated into the Digital Platform to better support customers’ digital transformation journeys.
Huawei AI + Digital Platform Helps Tianjin Binhai New Area Build a Smart City
With Huawei’s expertise, the Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA) designed and developed an AI-based “1 + 4 + N” Smart City solution (which refers to one center, four platforms, and additional innovative applications). The “1” of the solution represents the “City Brain” Intelligent Operations Center (IOC), which enables data sourced from government, enterprise, and citizen services through the Internet and IoT, to be aggregated and processed using AI. This provides powerful analytical capabilities to help transform Tianjin BinHai New Area into a smart city.
Zheng Zhibin(left), President of the Global Smart City Business Dept of Huawei Enterprise BG, and Chen Song, Head of the TEDA Smart City Construction Office
The solution is composed of four AI platforms that interact closely with the IOC to provide smart services:
- Resident Voices – Features voice recognition and semantic parsing technologies that enable city managers to understand the voice of each resident to gain insight into their needs.
- Sensing the City – Uses image recognition and correlation analysis to explore the relationships between people, places, vehicles and things for the purpose of fostering harmony for all.
- Resident Care – Integrates deep learning and correlation analysis throughout the service lifecycle to generate personalized resources for residents.
- Enterprise Services – Applies multi-dimensional and correlation analysis to clarify the internal relationships of industries in the TEDA district for the purpose of accurately matching the availability of service resources throughout the enterprise lifecycle.
Vanke Deploys Huawei’s New Smart Campus Solution
As more industries harness digital transformation, smart campuses will boost business growth and drive global competitiveness. By building smart campuses, enterprises can gain a more comprehensive, deeper and more accurate understanding of customers’ needs, and can provide relevant, authentic and efficient customer experiences. With the goal of becoming an industry-wide platform enabler, Huawei has redefined the smart campus enablement platform using four key principles:
• Smart model: Going beyond digitalization, the platform can enable interconnectivity, collaboration, integration and innovation.
• Campus space: Space constraints are no longer a limitation, as campuses move from physical entities to virtual communities.
• Business model: The platform can enable customers to transform from a traditional stand-alone model to a multi-dimensional business, and optimize their value through transaction sharing.
• Campus operation: Operations are now visible, manageable, and controllable by changing the original plan-based operations into on-demand operations.
Yu Dong(left), President of the Industry Marketing & Solution Dept of Huawei Enterprise BG and Xie Zhifang, General Manager of Vanyi Technology Co., Ltd., Vanke Group
Huawei is deploying the industry’s first all-digital campus pilot project in its own offices around the world, which will be rolled out in 172 countries. Vanke, a leading China-based real estate developer, is also adopting Huawei’s Smart Campus solution to help transform its core business operations, optimize innovation and accelerate new opportunities in the real estate industry. The two companies are also collaborating to establish innovation laboratories, and jointly explore and invest in new scenarios and models to build an ecosystem for future developments.
Huawei is committed to working with customers in the long term and takes a future-oriented approach to drive enterprise digital transformation through the power of the platform. So far, 211 of the Fortune Global 500 companies (including 48 Fortune Global 100 companies) have selected Huawei as their digital transformation partner.
HUAWEI CONNECT 2018 is held at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center and Expo Center from October 10 to 12. Under the theme of “Activate Intelligence”, this year’s HUAWEI CONNECT is an open, cooperative and shared forum to help all organizations stake their claim in the intelligent world. The best minds in the industry – including global ICT leaders, industry experts, and ecosystem partners – will gather to chart the way forward and explore new opportunities.
For more information, please visit: Link