Huawei believes that corruption severely damages fair market competition and is a threat to the development of our society, economy, and enterprises. Huawei upholds the principles of conducting business ethically and with integrity, and complies with all applicable anti-bribery laws and regulations in countries and regions where it operates. Huawei applies a "zero-tolerance" approach towards corruption.
The Business Inspection Dept works as the company's RCO of anti-bribery compliance (ABC), establishes a comprehensive ABC framework, and guides and checks ABC management in business domains and subsidiaries, to ensure that ABC risks are effectively managed across the company.
Huawei takes the following key measures to ensure ABC:
- Comprehensively identifying and monitoring risks, driving business rule optimization and process improvement, and checking implementation in order to align with the company's diversified business portfolio and continuously strengthen the ABC system at the group and subsidiary levels.
- Highlighting its zero-tolerance approach towards corruption and bribery and clarifying its ABC requirements for employees and third parties in the Statement on Anti-Corruption, Corporate Anti-bribery Policy, Anti-corruption Policy for Huawei Partners, and relevant compliance regulations for business activities.
- Designating key roles in its business groups (BGs), business units (BUs), and functional units (FUs), and establishing ABC organizations in its subsidiaries to fulfill ABC responsibilities and support the operations of the company's ABC program.
- Continuously enhancing employee awareness of ABC. Clearly defining its ABC requirements in corporate documents, such as the BCG and Employee Behavior Guidelines, and taking various measures to effectively pass on the ABC requirements to employees and ensure ABC compliance, including training, signing commitment letters, and exams.
- Prioritizing the ABC management of third parties. For third parties associated with Huawei, the company effectively controls and manages ABC risks through risk assessments, due diligence, training, signing commitment letters, etc.
- Encouraging employees and third parties to report violations to help improve the effectiveness of the ABC program.