1. Scope of application
1.1 By taking part in the competition, the participant accepts these conditions.
2.1 The organiser of the competition is Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. (herein: “Organiser”).
2.2 This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with:
Twitter: Participants shall comply with the terms of service, community guidelines or other applicable policies for user submissions and/or uploads located at: https://twitter.com/tos. Submissions that violate the applicable terms of service or guidelines shall be disqualified. Participants in the competition completely release Twitter from any possible claims. All information regarding the competition is solely provided by the Organiser. In cases of any questions, suggestions or complaint, please contact the Organiser via direct message at https://twitter.com/HuaweiUK .
3. Eligibility for Participation
3.1 The competition is open to all persons who, at the date of entry, are (1) aged 18 years or over; and (2) who are resident in the UK.
3.2 The Organiser’s employees, their immediate family members, and employees of cooperation partners who are or were involved in creating or implementing the competition, are excluded from participation.
3.3 Participation is only possible on one’s own behalf and joint submissions are not allowed. There is a restriction of one entry per person per competition.
4. Participation is free of charge and no purchase is necessary; however, internet access is required.
5. Competition Period: This Competition starts 00:01 GMT on the 4th July and conclude at 19:00 on the 7th July.
6. How to enter:
a. Capture an image with yourself with our 5G Truck also in the image and post to Twitter, and;
b. Within the copy of the tweet tag @HuaweiUK and include the hashtag #5GisOn, and;
c. Follow @HuaweiUK.
Unless the requirements are met, any submission will be invalid.
7. Further entry details:
a. Entrants must only submit images that are their own original work;
b. Entrants must not submit an image which has been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. or its affiliates;
c. Entrants must only submit wording that does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights; and
8. All entries must be received by the end of the Competition Period (18:59 GMT 7th July 2019) to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
9. There is no limit to the amount of entries one user can make.
10. The prize winners agree to the use of their name, photograph/image/likeness and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Organizer, Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. and/or its affiliates and authorized agents relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners hereby grant the Organizer, Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd. and its affiliates and authorised agents permission to use their name, image, likeness or otherwise, throughout the world, in all and any media including interviews, such parties printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, on Huawei’s websites and in the advertising of Huawei’s goods, products or services; such permission shall be granted free of charge and in perpetuity.
11. The Prizes: one winner will receive a Huawei Mate 20 X 5G handset device.
12. Winner Selection: One winner will be selected at random by Huawei Mobile UK Communications Agency “BCW” within 6 hours of the dead-line amongst all participants of the competition.
13. Winner Notification:
13.1 The winners will be via Twitter (Direct Message) within 1 working day after the deadline. The winner must accept their prize by responding to confirm eligibility, accepting these terms and conditions, and providing their full contact details, within 24 hours of receiving the notification (Direct Message). In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 24 hours, confirming eligibility and accepting these terms and conditions, his/her prize will be forfeited. In this case, the Organizer reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond but this will be made clear during the winner communication. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive a notification.
13.2 The winner will be responsible for any taxes or charges incurred in claiming the prize.
13.3 Prizes are subject to availability and the Organiser reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control make it necessary to do so.
13.4 Compensation of the prizes in cash, their exchange, or their transfer to other persons are excluded.
13.5 The Organiser does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
14. Moderation: The Organizer will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Organizer:
a. contains any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Organizer or any brand partner;
b. includes trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rights owner's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. defames, misrepresents, or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Organizer (including its partners); and
d. promotes any political agenda
15. The Organizer may refuse to award the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
16. The Organizer and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
17. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
18. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer and which prevents the Organizer from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Organizer will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
21. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
22. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. This Promotion is brought to you by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd.
Privacy Notice for Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Giveaway.
The Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition is being provided by Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei"). We are a company registered in England and Wales. We can be contacted by mail at 300 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UF or by email at UKIPrivacy@huawei.com.
1. How Huawei Collects and Uses Your Personal Information
Personal information means any information that enable Huawei to identify you as a user.
As part of the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition we will collect and use your personal information only for the purposes stated in this notice.
To operate the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition and provide the prizes to the winner, we need to collect and process your following information:
Huawei will also process your data for the following purposes. You can always and at any moment object to such processing – please see section 3, Your Rights as a Data Subject (below).
Huawei will process the personal information you provided at entry as required by laws and regulations applicable to Huawei.
Security and fraud control: we use the personal information you provided at entry to ensure compliance with the Terms of Participation.
If you fail to provide certain information to us, you may be prevented from participating in the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition.
2. Data Storage Location and Retention
1. Data Storage Retention Period
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to achieve the stated purposes.
All data will be stored for a period of 6 months from the closing date of the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition and will then be deleted unless there is a legal obligation to store them.
2. Transfer and disclosure:
Your data will be transmitted to employees of Huawei who are responsible for running the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition. We will also transfer the data in some cases to service providers who are directly involved in the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition as a partner or who are processing the data on our behalf. This includes using a third party to pick the winner of the Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition to ensure that the winners are randomly selected fairly. Your personal data will not be processed to third countries outside the EU/EEA.
3. Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have the following rights and choices:
• Right of access by the data subject, Art. 15 GDPR
• Right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR
• Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), Art. 17 GDPR
• Right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR
• Right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR
• Right to object, Art. 21 GDPR
You can also lodge a complaint with your data protection authority in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
4. Huawei is always here for you: Contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on your rights as a data subject or the processing made by Huawei, please contact our Data Protection Officer via UKIPrivacy@huawei.com.
5. Updates to This Statement
Huawei reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice, and will note the date of its most recent revision below. If we make significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and where required by applicable law, we will either notify you by prominently posting a notice of such change or directly send you a notification.
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is a privacy commitment for Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition. If you want to learn more please read the Huawei Privacy Statement.
The Goodwood Mate 20 X 5G Competition may be promoted on third party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This privacy notice does not cover your use of these platforms. You should instead refer to the privacy notice of the relevant platform operator.
Latest update: [3rd July 2019]