- Unveiled the GigaSite and solution U2Net architecture.
- Build 20 cloud computing data centers.
- Shipped approximately 20 million smartphones.
- Acquired Symantec's shares in Huawei Symantec at US$530 million.
- Established the 2012 Laboratories.
- Launched the HUAWEI SmartCare service solution.
- Received six top LTE awards.
- Deployed over 80 SingleRAN networks among which 28 were commercial LTE/EPC networks
- Established its Cyber Security Evaluation Centre in the UK
- Signed a Voluntary Green Agreement with the China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT)
- Joined the UN Broadband Commission for Digital Development
- Awarded the"2010 Corporate Use of Innovation Award" by The Economist
- Ranks No.2 in global market share of radio access equipment
- Successfully delivers the world' s first LTE/EPC commercial network for TeliaSonera in Oslo Norway
- Launches the world' s first end-to-end 100G solution from routers to transmission system
- Receives "2009 Corporate Award" from IEEE Standards Association(IEEE-SA)
- Receives the Financial Times' Arcelor Mittal Boldness in Business award for performance in and contribution to emerging markets and ranks the fifth most innovative company in the world by Fast Company
- Achieves a year-on-year decrease of more than 20% in resource consumption by Huawei's main products; deploys over 3,000 sites powered by alternative energies around the world
- Recognized by BusinessWeek as one of the world' s most influential companies
- Ranks No. 3 by Informa in terms of worldwide market share in mobile network equipment
- First large scale commercial deployment of UMTS/HSPA in North America, for TELUS and Bell Canada
- Ranks No. 1 by ABI in mobile broadband devices having shipped over 20 million units
- Largest applicant under WIPO's Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), with 1,737 applications published in 2008; accounts for 10% of LTE patents worldwide
- Establishes joint venture with Symantec, to develop storage and security appliances
- Establishes joint venture with Global Marine, to provide end-to-end submarine network solutions
- A partner to all the top operators in Europe at the end of 2007
- Won 2007 Global Supplier Award by Vodafone. Was the only network equipment supplier to be awarded this specific accolade
- Unveils its ALL IP FMC solutions strategy designed to leverage distinct benefits for telecom carriers, from TCO savings to reduced energy consumption
- Divests 49 percent stake in H3C for USD880 million
- Establishes Shanghai-based joint R&D Center with Motorola to develop UMTS technologies
- Introduced new visual identity (VI). The new VI reflects our principles of customer-focus, innovation, steady and sustainable growth, and harmony.
- International contract orders exceed domestic sales for the first time
- Selects as a preferred telecoms equipment supplier and signs Global Framework Agreement with Vodafone,
- Selects as a preferred 21Century Network (21CN) supplier by British Telecom (BT) to provide multi-service network access (MSAN) components and optical transmission equipment
- Establishes joint venture with Siemens to develop TD-SCDMA solutions
- Achieves first significant contract win in Europe valued at over USD25 million with Dutch operator, Telfort
- Establishes joint venture with 3Com focusing on enterprise data networking solutions
- International market sales reaches USD552 million
- Divests non-core subsidiary Avansys to Emerson for USD750 million
- Establishes four R&D centers in the United States
- Joins International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
- Establishes R&D center in Stockholm, Sweden
- USD100 million generates from international markets
- Establishes R&D centre in Bangalore, India, which achieves CMM level-4 accreditation in Year 2001 and CMM level-5 accreditation in Year 2003
- Launches wireless GSM-based solutions
- Expands into metropolitan areas of China in Year 1998
- Generates sales of RMB1.5 billion in Year 1995, mainly derived from rural markets in China
- Initiates R&D and launches rural digital switching solution
- Embarks on independent research and commercialization of PBX technologies targeting hotels and small enterprises
- Establishes in Shenzhen with as sales agent for Hong Kong company producing Private Branch Exchange (PBX) switches