[Barcelona, Spain. February 24, 2016] With a global momentum moving towards 5G era across of all ICT industries, to build and expand the mobile industry ecosystem become essential to make 5G a success. As a driving force to lead 5G innovation, Huawei continue to extend the global open partnership initiatives with more than 20 operators, including CMCC, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, NTT DOCOMO, Telefonica, TeliaSonera and Etisalat, and 10 industry partners, spanning in Asia, Europe, and North America.
Customer oriented innovation with an open partnership is the foundation to create the next generation of wireless technologies. Over the past years, Huawei established joint innovation programs with leading operators, and conducted lab test and field trials with a broad spectrum of 5G enabling technologies, in MWC 2016, we are jointly showcasing:
- 5G New Radio Access Technologies (5G New RAT) in a large scale field trial with NTT DOCOMO,
- 5G Full Duplex Radio Technology with China Mobile,
- 5G mobile architecture for the Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communication (URLLC) applications with Vodafone,
- Extreme fast 5G mmWave technology at 70Gbps transmission speed, and end-to-end network slicing technologies with Deutsche Telekom.
In addition, Huawei collaborated with equipment vendor partners to validate 5G technologies, for example, with Rohde Schwarz to demonstrate the 5G new waveform technologies and with Aeroflex, a Cobham Company, to demonstrate the 5G grant free access technologies at MWC 2016. Huawei also launched a number of programs with vertical industries to explore the 5G-enabled machine type of communications such as massive sensors connectivity, URLLC with applications of self-drive-car and cloud controlled-robot.
Industry-wide collaboration and partnership is a proven path to create a successful next generation wireless technologies, as an ICT industry leader, Huawei is expanding the global 5G innovation footprint, Huawei is making effort to leverage the early stage technology innovations and partnership to contribute the global standard.
“We will continue to focus our effort to 5G technology innovation, “said Dr. Wen Tong, “ in the spirit of joint innovations with entire ecosystem, we will strive to bring the 5G technologies into maturity and to deliver value to our customer and end users, we are addressing some of the most challenging areas in 5G technologies, namely,
- the new air-interface with capability to meet all the requirement for the 5G applications,
- the programmable application-driven-network architecture built on the cloud-native platform and
- a holistic set of the new capabilities to enable the vertical applications for emerging 5G services and applications
In addition, we are excited to participate the recent announcement of a series China 5G technologies field trial to contribute our effort to commercial 5G launch in 2020”
MWC 2016 takes place in Barcelona, Spain from February 22 to 25. Huawei will showcase its latest products and solutions at Fira Gran Via Hall 1 and Hall 3. For more details, please visit: http://www.huawei.com/en/mwc2016.