About the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors (BOD) is the decision-making body for corporate strategy and management. The BOD guides and oversees the overall business operations and makes decisions on significant issues regarding strategy and operations.
The main responsibilities of the BOD are to:
- Decide on the company's strategic directions; and approve and monitor the execution of the company's medium-to-long-term development plan.
- Provide advice and guidance to management regarding significant issues, including major crises and market changes.
- Review the company's business operations, organization, and processes; and approve major organizational restructurings, business transformations, and process transformations.
- Approve the company's major financial policies, financial arrangements, and business transactions.
- Approve the company's operating results, financial results, and financial statements.
- Establish the company's monitoring mechanisms and oversee their execution.
- Establish the company's governance structure and organize its optimization and deployment.
- Decide on the selection, appraisal, and compensation of the Chief Executive Officer; and approve the appointment and compensation of other members of senior management.
- Approve the corporate-level HR planning and major HR policies.
Currently, the BOD has 17 members, who were elected by all Representatives.
- Chairwoman: Ms. Sun Yafang.
- Deputy Chairmen: Mr. Guo Ping, Mr. Xu Zhijun, Mr. Hu Houkun, and Mr. Ren Zhengfei.
- Executive Directors: Mr. Xu Wenwei, Mr. Li Jie, Mr. Ding Yun, and Ms. Meng Wanzhou.
- Directors: Ms. Chen Lifang, Mr. Wan Biao, Mr. Zhang Ping'an, Mr. Yu Chengdong, Mr. Li Yingtao, Mr. Li Jin'ge, Ms. He Tingbo, and Mr. Wang Shengli.
Operations of the Board of Directors
In 2016, the BOD held 11 meetings. At the meetings, the BOD reviewed and approved matters such as the company's medium-to-long-term development plan, annual business plan and budget, BOD committee operations, long-term incentives, annual profit distribution, capital increases, and financing.
The BOD has established the Executive Committee, which acts as the executive body of the BOD while it is adjourned. Members of the Executive Committee include Mr. Guo Ping, Mr. Xu Zhijun, Mr. Hu Houkun, Mr. Xu Wenwei, Mr. Li Jie, Mr. Ding Yun, and Ms. Meng Wanzhou. In 2016, the Executive Committee held 12 meetings.