Huawei Canada will be accepting applications for the 2017 Huawei Seeds for the Future Program in early 2017.
Approximately 20 students from participating Canadian universities will be selected to participate on
an all-expenses paid two-week cultural and work experience trip to China in May 2017.
About the Program
The Huawei Seeds for the Future work-study program offers undergraduate students an opportunity to travel to China for a two-week period.
During the first week, participants will be Huawei’s guests in Beijing for an immersive introduction to Chinese language and culture. In week two, participants will stay in Shenzhen and work with the Huawei team in our Global Headquarters, learning about Huawei’s international culture, strategy and values, and receive technical training from some of the finest professionals in the industry. Travel and accommodation will be provided by Huawei.
Watch our video on the life changing experience from the class of 2016. Apply Today for an unforgettable career changing trip to China.
What do you need to be considered?
- You are a 3rd year Engineering student looking for a life-changing experience.
- Holder of a valid Canadian passport, valid until December 31st 2017
- We have partnered with the following universities for the 2017 Canada Seeds for the Future program. They include: University of Ottawa, Carleton University, University of British Columbia, Polytéchnique Montréal, University of Waterloo, University of Saskatchewan, the University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, University of Calgary and Western University
- Complete the application form, including an essay of no more than 500 words demonstrating an interest in China and your suitability for the program. Please include your full name, University and student ID #
- Demonstrate excellent academic acumen
- Have a strong interest in telecommunications and technology issues
- Interest in China and Chinese culture would be an asset
Applications will be reviewed and an initial selection will be made by University representatives. Final candidates will be selected by an independent jury composed of relevant ICT association, media and industry executives.
If you’re interested in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, please apply using our convenient online application process. Closing date for applications will be announced in early 2017.
Due to the deadline extension, successful candidates will now be contacted in early March to confirm their participation in the 2017 Seeds For the Future Program.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Manager Public Affairs
o. 613.595.1900 ext.1907
“Designed to help bridge the gap between school and work, ‘Seeds for the Future’ will help develop ICT talent in Canada, promote a greater understanding of the telecommunications sector and encourage participation in the international ICT community.” – Techvibes
“The students get to see how it’s done elsewhere. Maybe it will open their eyes, maybe that’s where they will want to work later on… We are really trying to expand and get students to be more mobile.” – Valérie Samson, University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Engineering
“I am going to try to soak up as much as I can with this trip… ICT is such an evolving subject, so being a student (in this area) at this time is very promising for future endeavours, challenges and experiences.” – Kathleen Rozman, Carleton University student