Privacy Statement for HUAWEI CONNECT 2022 PARIS
HUAWEI CONNECT 2022 PARIS (hereinafter referred to as “HC 2022 PARIS ”) is an event organized through the online platform of http://www.huawei.com/en/events/huaweiconnect/paris (hereinafter the “Platform”) by Huawei Technologies Dusseldorf GmbH, a company duly incorporated and exists under the laws of Germany, and its registered office located at Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" or "our"). This year, we offer both online and offline sessions after your online registration.
Within the HC 2022 PARIS, DigitALL Night 2022 will be held offline this year after your online registration. This is a session for university students studying STEM or ICT topics, or any young people in Europe with an interest in technology and digital life & work, who have reached the age of 18 years old. Registered Participants are able to join in other sessions of the HC 2022 PARIS as well.
We take your privacy seriously, and take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry's well-established safety standards. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Table of Contents
- How do we process your personal data and what is the legal basis?
- How do we retain your personal data?
- How do we share your personal data?
- What are your rights and choices?
- How to contact us?
- Update to this statement
1. How do we process your personal data and what is the legal basis?
1) Event Management: You can choose to join the HC 2022 PARIS including the DigitALL Night 2022 session and register online. In order to generate a personal account and approve the registration through email for the Participants we need to process below personal data, without which we can’t properly register you for either the online or offline events:
- register as a business participant for the HC 2022 PARIS: after your choice of online or offline participation (with the place of offline venue), your Email, Telephone (optional), First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, and Industry will be processed. As online participant, you are welcomed to let us know your interested session (optional) so that we can email you the specific agenda to these sessions.
- register as a student participant for the DigitALL Night 2022 session: after your choice of the place of participation, your Email, First Name and Last Name, Country/Region, University/Institution, field of study, and the Telephone (optional) will be processed.
- This processing is based on performance of contract of providing you the session in the HC 2022 PARIS at your choice of participation.
2) Viewing of Webcast: in order to enable your access to the online webcast and make it suitable for your device, your IP address and Device information (PC/Mobile) will be processed, based on performance of contract. The processing is applicable for online participants. Without such data, the webcasts cannot be properly presented on your screen.
3) Improvement of the Event: in order to better infer the preference of Participants, verify and improve the quality of webcast contents accordingly, we will analyze the following data of Participants:
- as business participants, your personal accounts accompanied with the field of industry will be processed.
- as student participants for our offline event, your personal account accompanied with, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Country/Region, which program you interested about Huawei, and how did you know about DigitALL Night will be processed.
- for all online webcast, to analyze all participant’s visit, and improve the webcast quality, your IP address and Device information (PC/Mobile), will be processed.
- additionally, you’re able to view the replay, in which case we will analyze your entering and leaving time for the recordings.
This processing is applicable for all participants and viewers, and based on our legitimate interest.
4) Onsite Lucky Draw: when participating the HC 2022-PARIS in the offline venue, the Participants have the possibility to participate in the onsite lucky draw by scaning the QR code. The winner’s First Name and Last Name will be used to announce the results of lucky draw on the spot. The registration information of the winners will be recorded for the purpose of sending prizes after the event and meeting Huawei's legal obligations.
5) Survey: when participating the HC 2022-PARIS online or in the offline venue, the Participants will receive pop-up requests of survey or be disseminated the hardcopy of survey relevant to the topics, either about the technologies or about your career planning. If you choose to conduct the survey, your personal account and the registration data connected, will be processed with your valued opinions and comments submitted. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on our legitimate interest.
6) Project Approaching: based on your Survey feedback and your consent therein, we would further contact business participants for workshop, POC or ordering requests. In such cases, your requests connected to your personal account will be needed. This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants and based on your consent. You can exercise your right of withdrawal through the same contact channel when we contact you or according to section 4 of this statement.
7) Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM: after obtaining your consent online or offline, we will email the promotion contents to your preferences based on your online registration information, or your business cards left with us offline.
- for business participants, we will process the Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, and Industry, in order to send you the preferred session links, latest information of products, solutions and services available for your region
- for student participants, we will process the Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/ Region, University/ Institution name, field of Study, time of graduation, your interested topics (optional), and the source from which you know our session (optional), in order to send you the campus events, recruitment events, or career opportunities.
This processing is applicable for both online and offline participants, and is based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent through the “Unsubscribe” option in any of EDM Email or according to section 4 of this statement.
8) Talent Pool for Students: If you register as a student participant through the DigitALL Night 2022 session, and based on your consent, we would use your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone (optional), time of graduation, your interested topics (optional), the source from which you know our session (optional), and your resume (only if you are willing to provide), to file and further contact you for recruitment purposes. You have the right you in our talent pool to withdraw your consent as described in Section 4 of this statement.
2. How do we retain your personal data?
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We are committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
The data retain period may vary with scenario and service. After the retention period expires, we will erase or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise agreed in this Statement or required by laws and regulations.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Category||Retention period|
|Event Registration and notification and notification||For business participants
Your First Name, Last Name, Telephone (optional), Country/Region, Company, Job Title, Industry
|30 days after event|
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name and Last Name, Country/Region, University/Institution, field of study, telephone (optional)
|30 days after event|
|Viewing of Webcast||Your IP address and Device information (PC/Mobile)||2 Years after event|
|Improvement of the Event||For student participants
Your personal account accompanied with, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, entering and leaving time, how did you know about digital night
|2 Years after event|
|For business participants
business participants, your personal accounts accompanied with the field of industry will be processed.
|2 Years after event|
|Your IP Location, Enter Time, Leave Time, Duration, Device information (PC/Mobile)||2 Years after event|
|Onsite Lucky Draw||Your First Name and Last Name(only the winners)||30 days after event|
|Your registration information(only the winners)||2 Years after event|
|Survey||Your personal account, and/or the content you submitted for discussion||2 Years after event|
|Project Approaching||Your POC requirement and Project requirement connected to your personal account||2 Years after event|
|Electronic Direct Marketing/EDM||For business participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/Region, Company, Job Title, your interested session, and Industry
|Until you withdraw consent|
|For student participants
Your Email, First Name, Last Name, Country/ Region, University/ Institution name, field of Study
|Talent Pool for Student||Your Email, First Name and Last Name, University/ Institution name, field of Study, Region, Telephone||Until you withdraw consent|
|Huawei Careers - Passion Unlocks Potential: Your resume||2 Years after event|
3. How do we share your personal data?
(1) Disclosure out of the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose||Cross-border transfer involved||Mechanism for cross-border transfer|
|Talent Pool for Students||We use the iJob system deployed in China, to upload and store your relevant data. Then local Huawei affiliates will have access based on your country/region for further recruitment.||yes||We comply with applicable legal requirements for providing adequate safeguards by incorporating the [EU Commission standard data protection model clauses] in such transfer.
You can request for a copy through the Privacy Portal.
(2) Disclosure within the EU/EEA.
|Scenarios / purposes||Data Disclosure Purpose|
(1) For participants of online session: To share the status of registration, and attract more participants, we only disclose the number of registrants and anonymized information of participants to our local affiliates.
(2) For participants (business & student) of offline session: this year we have offline venue for the HC 2022-PARIS. In order to have our local affiliates in EU/EEA to coordinate offline participants on our behalf, we will disclose your data provided for registration.
For such offline session, we procure event organization suppliers for help, your relevant data will be shared with them as well.
|Improvement of the Event||To verify and improve the performance of HC 2022 PARIS, we generate and share the statistic report or evaluation of the HC 2022 PARIS, and share to our local business team in EU/EEA.|
|Survey||We generate and share the survey content, statistic report or evaluation of the HC 2022 PARIS, to our local business team in EU/EEA.|
|Project Approaching based on consent in Survey||To respond your request of workshop, POC or ordering in the Survey and share with you more about our products, solutions and services, the relevant data will be shared to our customer development suppliers, and then to Huawei local MKT team or Huawei channel partners in EU/EEA.|
|EDM for business participants||Provide you the local customized promotions, all Huawei local affiliates will have access to your information in EDM system in Europe.|
|EDM for student participants||All Huawei local affiliates in EU/EEA will have access to the participants who subscribed EDM, so as to send out tailored promotion email in local language.|
(2) Exceptional disclosures related to legal proceedings or business transactions
We may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on an applicable law or in connection with legal proceeding or process.
Your data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to Huawei affiliates or the third-parties.
4. What are your rights and choices?
You can enter into the Privacy Portal to exercise your rights of data subject as listed below:
- The right to receive confirmation about the data processing and a copy of the processed data (right to access, Art. 15 GDPR);
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data (right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR);
- The right to demand the erasure of personal data. This right applies in particular when your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. (right to erasure, Art. 17 GDPR);
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing in certain cases (right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR);
- The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller (right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR);
- The right to object the data processing in order to stop it, if applicable (right to object, Art. 21 GDPR);
- If applicable, the right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal (right to withdraw consent, Art. 7 GDPR);
- You are entitled to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority for (right to lodge complaint, Art. 77 GDPR). For example, you could contact French data protection authority--Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) at 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07 or www.cnil.fr, or any other data protection authority that is more relevant with regard to your location.
- You have the right to set guidelines for the retention, deletion and disclosure of your Data after your death. (Right to decide your personal data post-mortem under French Law)
- Bloctel under French Law: You also have the possibility of registering on the "BLOCTEL" list of opposition to telephone solicitation on the website www.bloctel.gouv.fr.
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to you. For example, if we are aware of a personal data breach concerning you, we may attempt to contact you in various methods.
5. How to contact us?
We value your opinions. If you have questions or comments related to this privacy statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the address of Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf. Or you can contact our DPO through the Privacy Portal.
You can also contact us regarding the HC 2022 PARIS at email@example.com
6. Update to this statement
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement as we may change it from time to time. If we make changes to this Statement, we will notify you by an appropriate method.
Last updated: September 2022