Huawei's vision and mission is to bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. Based on the company's vision and mission, Huawei has developed its sustainability strategy, considering sustainability to be one of its priorities and incorporating it into the company's overall development strategy. According to our economic, environmental, and social responsibility, as well as the 17 SDGs set out by the UN, Huawei, as a leading global provider of ICT infrastructure and smart devices, has identified four areas of focus around sustainability, i.e. digital inclusion, security and trustworthiness, environmental protection, and healthy and harmonious ecosystem.
Making technology accessible to all: Technology should not be for the few, but for the many. Huawei wants to make more effort in terms of connectivity, applications, and skills to promote digital inclusion for all. Our ultimate goal is to bring digital technologies to every person, home, and organization.
- Ubiquitous Connectivity: Building wider, more convenient, and easier-to-use connections, in order to help more areas and people around the globe benefit from digital technology. This means using innovative technologies to remove access barriers, and enable households and organizations in remote areas, extreme environments, and other locations with restricted access to enjoy better digital resources and experiences.
- A Thriving Application Ecosystem: Providing customized ICT solutions and easy-to-use development platforms. This will empower the ecosystem to provide more specialized applications for different communities and industries.
- Digital Skills for all: Working more closely with governments, local communities, and other stakeholders around the globe, in order to enhance the digital skills of individuals, SMEs, and society as a whole. This will contribute to the future growth of countries and their local communities, and enable countries to better compete in the digital economy.
Security and trustworthiness
Taking due responsibilities for greater trust: Cyber security and privacy protection are our top priorities, and we keep investing and remain open and transparent in this regard. We also continually and comprehensively improve our software engineering capabilities and practices, build resilient networks, develop trustworthy and high-quality products, and support stable network operations and business continuity.
- Cyber Security: Placing security at the top of our agenda throughout the product lifecycle from design and development to delivery, in order to deliver secure and reliable products and solutions to customers, and help them build resilient networks and address growing challenges in the digital age.
- Privacy Protection: Giving people a safe and pleasant experience in a fully connected, intelligent world by incorporating the Privacy by Design (PbD) approach into our products and services, and fully complying with GDPR and other privacy protection laws.
- Openness and Transparency: Working proactively with governments, local communities, and customers in an open and transparent manner and complying with applicable security standards, laws, and regulations.
- Supporting Network Stability: Placing stable and secure operations of customers' networks above the company's commercial interests, especially in times of crisis (such as natural disasters or other emergencies).
- Business Continuity Management: Strengthening our end-to-end business continuity management system to improve our emergency response and ensure effective management of everyday business risks.
Contributing to a clean, efficient, low-carbon, and circular economy: We are committed to minimizing our environmental impacts during our production and operations and throughout our product and service lifecycles. We use our innovative products and solutions to help industries conserve energy and reduce emissions, and contribute to a circular economy. We make ongoing efforts to work with all industry partners to build a low-carbon society.
- Green Products: Incorporating environmental protection concepts into product planning, design, R&D, manufacturing, delivery, and services. Through continual innovation, constantly increasing resource utilization and providing leading energy-conserving and eco-friendly products and solutions to our customers.
- Green Operations: Striving to improve resource utilization in offices, production, logistics, and labs, to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases and waste and to build Huawei's operations into a model of environmental friendliness.
- Green Partners: Continually ensuring that Huawei's products and our partners' operations comply with environmental standards and regulations. Driving energy conservation and emissions reduction across our supply chains and taking a leading role in making the industry chain more competitive.
- Green World: Continually promoting our eco-friendly and integrated ICT solutions, facilitating energy conservation and emissions reduction in various industries, and proactively driving an energy-saving, environmentally friendly, and low-carbon society.
Healthy and harmonious ecosystem
Collaborating for the common good: We operate with integrity and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. We work to ensure employee growth and value realization. We actively contribute to the communities where we operate. We also work with all industry partners to jointly build a healthy and harmonious ecosystem.
- Caring for Employees: Giving employees opportunities to fully utilize their strengths and providing employees with equal-opportunity development paths to realize their individual value.
- Community Responsibilities: Providing a positive social contribution in all countries in which we operate.
- Business Ethics: Strictly abiding by ethical business practices, operating with integrity, and opposing bribery, dumping, and monopolies.
- Risk Management: Focusing on sustainability risk management in our own operational activities and services, and gradually becoming an industry leader in sustainability.
- Supply Chain Responsibilities: Working closely with suppliers to develop standards and define benchmarks, turning supplier risk management into efficiency management, and leading sustainable development in the industry chain.