Responsibilities and Operations of the CSD Committee
Huawei's CSD Committee consists of over 10 senior executives from various departments, including human resources (HR), manufacturing, administration, procurement, and research and development (R&D). The CSD Committee is chaired by Tao Jingwen, a board member and President of the Quality, Business Process & IT Management Department. The CSD Committee established a work group responsible for coordinating and completing everyday sustainability tasks and reaching strategic goals.
Responsibilities of the CSD Committee
- Develops corporate-level sustainability strategies, guidelines, objectives, and policies; sets their course; and monitors their implementation.
- Coordinates the establishment, implementation, and continuous improvement of the sustainability management system; decides on relevant matters; and ensures that Huawei's sustainability management complies with relevant laws and regulations, international standards, and customer requirements.
- Facilitates sustainability-related communication with key stakeholders such as customers, regulators, and industry organizations.
- Drives the resolution of sustainability matters across domains or processes and coordinates sustainability operations from end to end.
- Provides guidance on the establishment, operation, and improvement of our EHS management system, and handles major EHS issues.
Operations of the CSD Committee
- The chair and other members of the committee make collective decisions on sustainability.
- A committee meeting is held at the end of each quarter.
- A sustainability strategy workshop is held at the beginning of each year.
- The CSD workgroup is in charge of everyday work coordination and implementation.