Board of Directors
About the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors (BOD) is the highest body responsible for corporate strategy, operations management, and customer satisfaction. The BOD's mission is to lead the company forward. It exercises decision-making authority for corporate strategy and operations management, and ensures customer and shareholder interests are protected.
The main responsibilities of the BOD are to:
- Develop proposals for corporate governance.
- Review proposals to increase or decrease the company's registered capital, as well as proposals related to profit distribution and loss recovery.
- Review the company's stock options plan and other long-term incentive plans.
- Review or approve plans for entering and exiting different industry sectors, and approve the company's strategic plan.
- Approve major organizational restructuring, management system development, and business transformation.
- Approve major financial policies, financial plans, and business transactions.
- Approve the company's annual budget proposal, annual operations report, and annual audit report.
- Approve the appointment/removal, compensation, and long-term incentives of senior management.
- Approve major HR policies and plans at the corporate level.
- Approve proposals for managing major risks and crises, and manage major emergencies.
- Approve the development of internal controls and compliance systems.
From the left in the first row: Ms. Meng Wanzhou, Mr. Hu Houkun, Mr. Guo Ping, Mr. Xu Zhijun, and Mr. Liang Hua
From the left in the second row: Ms. He Tingbo, Mr. Xu Wenwei, Mr. Yan Lida, Mr. Ding Yun, Mr. Ren Zhengfei, Mr. Tao Jingwen, Mr. Li Yingtao, Mr. Wang Tao, Mr. Peng Zhongyang, Mr. Yu Chengdong, Ms. Chen Lifang, and Mr. Yao Fuhai
Currently, the BOD is comprised of 17 members, who were elected by the Commission and voted in by the Shareholders' Meeting.
Current board members include:
- Chairman: Mr. Liang Hua
- Deputy Chairs: Mr. Guo Ping, Mr. Xu Zhijun, Mr. Hu Houkun, and Ms. Meng Wanzhou
- Executive Directors: Mr. Ding Yun, Mr. Yu Chengdong, and Mr. Wang Tao
- Directors: Mr. Xu Wenwei, Ms. Chen Lifang, Mr. Peng Zhongyang, Ms. He Tingbo, Mr. Li Yingtao, Mr. Ren Zhengfei, Mr. Yao Fuhai, Mr. Tao Jingwen, and Mr. Yan Lida
In the event that there is a vacancy in the BOD, alternate directors will take up the vacancy in a predetermined sequence. In November 2020, Mr. Zhao Ming resigned as an alternate director. Currently, alternate directors include Mr. Li Jianguo and Mr. Peng Bo.
Operations of the Board of Directors
In 2020, the BOD held 10 meetings. At the meetings, the BOD reviewed and approved matters such as the company's medium-to-long-term strategic plan, as well as the company's annual business plan, audit report, profit distribution, capital increases, and the proposal for selling the Honor business.
The BOD has established the Executive Committee, which acts as the standing executive body of the BOD. Entrusted by the BOD, the Executive Committee examines and reflects on major issues within the company, decides on issues authorized by the BOD, and oversees their execution. In 2020, the Executive Committee held 18 meetings.
Members of the BOD Executive Committee include Mr. Guo Ping, Mr. Xu Zhijun, Mr. Hu Houkun, Ms. Meng Wanzhou, Mr. Ding Yun, Mr. Yu Chengdong, and Mr. Wang Tao.
The BOD and its Executive Committee are led by rotating chairs. During their terms, the rotating chairs serve as the foremost leader of the company. Rotating chairs' terms last six months at a time. The rotation schedule is as follows:
Mr. Xu Zhijun:
October 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
April 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021
October 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023
Mr. Guo Ping:
October 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
April 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020
October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
Mr. Hu Houkun:
April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019
October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
April 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022