On June 25th and 26th, 2018, the 10th Huawei User Group Meeting (HUGM) will be held in Xi’an, China. Over the past ten years, since the very first HUGM in Amsterdam, Netherland in 2009, Huawei has worked together with the customers to create and complete 52 Top N Issue projects, closed-loop manage 956 signed issues raised during the event. With the support and guidance from our customer Advisory Board, we have succeeded in creating value for our customers through HUGM.
During HUGM 2018, Huawei will report the results of the 2017 Top Issue Improvement Programs, and continue listening to the customers’ voices to identify the 2018 Top Issues. Speakers from many of the global operators are being invited to share their experiences and viewpoints on future network planning, deployment and operations, as well as how to improve efficiency and quality of existing network with new technology.
Please join us and looking forward to seeing you in shaping the future together!
Problem identification and constant improvement to enable customer success is the very nature of the Huawei User Group Meeting
Teaser Video of Huawei User Group Meeing 2018
Welcome Speech：Shaping the Future Together
How does Huawei ensure the stable running of 1500 networks in more than 170 countries and regions? How can we use digital technologies to build a delivery and support platform that responds to increasingly complex network requirements?
- Provides one joint work area and four specific work areas (network insight, network assurance, delivery support, and supply chain) to support E2E service scenarios.
- Integrates and displays desired information so that we can actively prevent network problems at their core instead of taking corrective actions after problems occur.
- Centralizes the experiences and expertise of worldwide experts so frontline personnel and support engineers can work together through the digital platform. Specifically, frontline personnel can make decisions independently and support engineers can provide rapid support.
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Open Lab is one of the standard open source labs selected by OPNFV worldwide. It is committed to developing methods for testing and verifying multi-vendor integration. In this lab, we work together with operators, partners, various industry organizations, and open source groups to develop new services and facilitate the development of an industrial ecological chain. Through use cases, you will see:
- Multi-vendor integration, open cooperation platform, and rich NFV ecosystem.
- Project-oriented pre-integration and verification, reducing commercial network integration risk and accelerating service rollout.
- Huawei integration service verification and E2E product and integration capabilities.
Huawei Xi’an ICT Operation Open Lab is dedicated to building a strong base in innovation, verification and capability for ICT O&M transformation. It’s focus is on research in new technologies such as big data analysis and AI, and their application in maintenance, testing, verification and integration for new solution such as 5G, Cloud, IOT, etc. The lab is also used as a showcase for technical demonstrations and client interactions and provides an environment for maintenance personnel skills training. In summary, it provides:
- Research and verification in new technologies for network maintenance
- Operator’s network simulation and cross-product and cross-domain integration solution testing
- Technical training and emergency issue handling dry-runs for R&D and maintenance engineers
China Unicom Xi’an Data Center is one of China Unicom’s nine major data center bases. Its high availability and energy saving technologies helped China Unicom obtain the first Uptime Tier III certification, the first among Chinese operators. In this 45000 square meter data center, you will learn of the following ground-breaking components:
- High availability: 99.98% availability and online maintenance.
- Flexible expansion: one-time planning, phased construction, modular design, and on-demand expansion, reducing investment risks.
- Energy saving: Various energy saving technologies and other advanced solutions such as free cooling ensure that the DC achieves a power usage effectiveness(PUE) of 1.5, much lower than the average value in the industry.
Located in the Xi’an Research Center, this lab provides centralized verification and experience of comprehensive radio access network solutions. An authentic R&D environment is available based on application scenarios, high reliability, large capacity, and fast verification.
- Experiential and perceptible premium broadband services
- To experience the latest technology in PON, DSL and Docsis.
- The solution of efficient network construction for emerging markets helps operators rapidly develop broadband services and accelerate return on investment.
- The solution for complex access route scenarios helps operators ensure an excellent user experience in diverse route deployment conditions of different distances.
- 10000+ terminal capacity verification provides reliable and stable onsite service experiences.
Located in the Xi’an Research Center, this experience center uses the AgilePOL solution to provide research center employees with various office service access. This includes desktop cloud, IP phone, cloud printing, conference terminal access, a campus Wi-Fi coverage, and video surveillance services. Users can experience the following:
- Diverse campus services offered by a unified bearer promote a digital transformation of the campus network.
- All-fiber deployment helps customers save equipment room space while reducing TCO and power consumption.
- Simplified management layers ensure accurate fault identification to help customers accelerate service provisioning and achieve simple O&M.
Located in the Xi’an Research Center, this lab provides centralized verification and experience of comprehensive radio access network solutions with full scenarios. An authentic R&D environment is available based on application scenarios, high reliability, large capacity, and fast verification based on #All Business Connected @ LTE# network solution.
- LTE technologies and standards continue to evolve to provide All Business Capabilities . LTE networks have been greatly enhanced in terms of peak rate, capacity, latency, and connectivity. These networks comply with the IMT-2020 standards and can enable a full range of services. protection of operators’ investments, and continuous improvement of operators' competitiveness.
- Providing efficient end-to-end network construction solutions to help operators rapidly develop full services and incubate new services, such as NB-IoT/eMTC, broadband services (WTTx) and public safety network solutions LiTRA, etc.,to help operators continue to grow;
- Boosting the 3x network capacity , in the innovation center to introduce the CloudAIR 2.0 solution has enabled us to achieve a convergence of the multi band network that maximizes capacity and coverage requirements and enhances the user experience. and making the experience of Short TTI onsite and verify the real R&D environment with capacity and performance ,which it provides reliable and stable onsite service experience.
- All Business Connected @LTE Based on SingleRAN Pro Lays a Foundation for Future Business Landscape, and meet the requirements in terms of infrastructure, ecosystem, business models, operational capabilities, and other aspects.
- All business connected @LTE is an important milestone along the way towards 5G. The delivery of such a network, business models, and practices in this regard will lay a solid foundation for business success in the 5G era while helping to meet today's increasing service requirements.
Hotspots and weak coverage in urban areas are getting discrete, and a large number of hotspot and weak coverage areas exist within a radius of 50 to 150 meters. Simple use of traditional macro base stations shows low investment efficiency. From this site visiting, you can see Lamp Pole Site installed with BookRRU, lampSite for indoor and Easy Macro on rooftop.
There are still many regions in the world with low MBB population coverage，RuralStar shows how to build a rural ecosystem with creative technologies. Multi-hop Relay realizes rural broadband and coverage extension, RuralStar realizes accurate and low cost coverage for rural.