About The Program
Seeds for the Future is Huawei's flagship global CSR program. The program was launched in 2008. This program aims to develop skilled, local ICT talent and bridge communication between countries and cultures.
What To Expect From The Program
Learn about cutting-edge
exhibition halls & labs
Get exposure to
global work practices
Experience the Chinese
cultural heritage &
Discover China & Its
3,000 years old history
Seeds For The Future In Canada
In the five years of running this program in Canada, we have engaged senior government officials as well as c-level business executives from our customers – Bell, TELUS, SaskTel, Rogers – as well as ecosystem partners such as the Canada China Business Council.
To Hear What The Alumni Say
Canada launched the first program in 2015 and has now hosted 87 engineering, business and public policy undergraduate and graduate students.
What’s New In 2021
- China culture live streaming
- China social media
- Huawei leadership approach
- Uber model across Asian markets
- Enhance the learning value and interactions
- Multicultural learning environment
- Divide students into groups
- Dedicated facilitators
- Boosting interactions
Various Course Formats
- Huawei exhibition hall live visit
- Live Chinese cultural sightseeing
- Tailored pre-recorded visit and live Q&A with fast growing companies
Seeds Alumni Events
- Webinars, roundtable dialogue, celebrations
- Strengthening the sense of belonging to the community
**The Seeds for the Future in-person program is not available currently due to COVID-19.
Who Are We Looking For
- GPA 3.0 or above, or ranking Top 30%
- Students of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or other disciplinary background
- Strong interest in telecommunications and ICT related issues
How to Apply
Preparing application materials
2.An academic transcript
3.(Optional, but preferable) 3-min video and/or a 400-600 words motivation letter that reflects your objective to participate, your interest in ICT and enthusiasm for learning
4.(Optional) Reference letters or other materials you’d like to share with us, such as academic articles etc.
- Submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 17th, 2021
by July 27th, 2021
Final selection by independent committee, composed of ICT associations, media, and industry executives.
by August 2nd, 2021
- Program Contact
- Wenjuan Zhou
Public Relations Specialist
Huawei Technologies Canada Co. Ltd
Copyright © 2021 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
All rights reserved.