The Huawei Co-hosted 2022 BRICS Women Innovation Contest Officially Launched
At the BRICS Summit on November 17, 2020, the Chinese State Leader proposed the initiative of BRICS Women Innovation Contest (hereinafter referred to as the Contest) under the BRICS cooperation framework, which received wide support from all BRICS Leaders. Upholding the people-oriented concept, the Contest is open to all business women in BRICS countries, and will recognize outstanding business women devoted to promoting social welfare and economic development in different fields across BRICS nations, and promote the exchange of best practices and innovative initiatives led by women, and thus to advance to the cooperation among business women across BRICS nations.
II. Organizational Structure
- Host: China Chamber of International Commerce(CCOIC)
- Sponsor: China Chapter, BRICS WBA
- Co-sponsors: Brazil, Russia, India, South Africa Chapters, BRICS WBA
- Organizer: Deloitte
This Contest is open to all outstanding business women in BRICS countries, aiming to activate and unleash their innovation and creativity in green development, technological innovation, cultural creativity, healthcare, education and training, finance, cross-border e-commerce, and other fields.
IV. Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should have one of the following characteristics:
1. Nationality and Personality: a citizen from one of the BRICS countries with excellent qualities such as diligence, enthusiasm, tenacity and creativity.
2. Social Responsibility: attaching importance to social responsibility, taking comprehensive social influence as a development goal, and stimulating the team’s commitment for a common vision.
3. Unique Technology and Business Model: having unique technology and business model.
4. Industry and Market Prospects: having a forward-looking strategic thinking and clear goals, making continuous investment in talent development, and having promising market prospects in the industry.
The Contest will last three months from March to May, 2022 with three stages of Online registration, Assessment and the Award Ceremony. The Award Ceremony will take place in Beijing by the end of May.
- Stage 1-Online Registration (March 11 - May 1, 2022)
- Stage 2- Assessment (May 1 - May 15, 2022)
- Stage 3-Award Ceremony: (May 27, 2022)
VI. Awards and Rewards
The Contest will offer Mulan Award to 15 winners (3 from each country). Besides, Special Contribution Award will go to 5 candidates (1 from each country), in recognition of their outstanding contributions in combatting COVID-19 pandemic, and their endeavour in building a global community of health for all.
The winners will be invited to visit China (ALL EXPENSES COVERED) for networking and training, when COVID-19 situation improves and restrictions eased.
(I) Registration period: from March 11 to May 1, 2022
(II) Registration link:
Bai Chuhan: +8675533538630, email@example.com
He Peiying: +8675536695461, firstname.lastname@example.org