Headquartered in Shenzhen, China, Huawei is a 100 percent employee-owned private company. We have offices and research facilities in 100 nations spanning every continent.
Our technology creates maximum value for our customers by enriching people’s lives through communication. Huawei solutions have been deployed by 45 of the world’s top 50 telecom operators, and our technology helps make communication possible for one-third of the world’s population.
The company’s global revenues exceeded $28 billion in 2010, a 24% increase over 2009. More than 53,000 out of our total 120,000 employees are dedicated to R&D.
Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services.
A Global Leader
Ranked No. 2 in the world among ICT providers, Huawei’s global revenues reached $28 billion in 2010. Some notable achievements for Huawei include:
- Second largest Patent Cooperation Treaty applicant with a total filing of 49,040 patents by the end of 2010 (according to the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organization)
- One of the leaders in 4G/LTE essential patents
- Deployed the world's first 4G/LTE commercial network
- 148 active leadership positions in industry standardization boards, including WiMAX Forum, OMA, IEEE and ATIS
- Deployed North America’s first HSPA+ network
- The Economist 2010 Innovation Award winner
- Named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2011 & 2010
To learn more about Huawei, view or download our Annual Report 2011