Enabling Superior Network Experience and Building a Sustainable Mobile Communications Industry
With large scale LTE deployment currently in construction and industry-wide interest in the topic of 5G, Eric Xu, Huawei’s Rotating CEO, shared his own point of view and prosperity on Global Mobile Broadband Forum 2014. He believes 5G should work for mobile Internet to make it strong. In the meantime, 5G should provide strong support for the development of the Internet. With regards to 5G technology, Xu stated that 5G is expected is to provide a better MBB experience by meeting the requirements of high spectrum rates, high peak rates, large number of connections and 1ms latency, allowing operator networks to support more Mobile Network of Things (MoT) connections and thereby promoting the MBB industry.
5G, the Way to a Super-Connected World
Today’s emerging technologies like immersive audio-video applications, IoT, and Industry 4.0, are encouraging us to dream about a much smarter and a fully-connected future world. Dreams for a better future brings unprecedented opportunities to the mobile industry. Technology innovations, especially 5G innovation, are accelerating our pace towards the better connected world. It is widely anticipated that the near future eventually witness the materialization of new experiences and applications like driverless car, remote surgery, virtual reality, and VR-based immersive entertainment.
In the keynote speech at the Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona, Ken Hu, Huawei's Rotating CEO, shared his opinions on 5G by answering three key questions: Why do we need 5G? What is 5G? And why do we need 5G?
February 26, 2018
- • Huawei Releases Complete Range of Full-Scenario 5G Wireless Product Solutions at MWC 2018
- March 02, 2018
- • Global Cross-industry Players Inaugurate 5G Slicing Association
- February 28, 2018
- • Huawei Releases First 5G Customer-premises Equipment
- February 25, 2018
- • Qualcomm and Huawei Successfully Complete 3GPP-based 5G Interoperability Testing
- February 22, 2018
- • Vodafone and Huawei Complete World’s First 5G call and Dual Connectivity using 3GPP R15 NSA Standard
- February 22, 2018
- • Huawei launches first urban 5G “Wireless to the Home” CPE trial in North America
- February 14, 2018