Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider.Since 1997, the company has been serving the top telecom operators in the Asia Pacific region via its Carrier Network business group.More recently, Huawei launched its Device and Enterprise business groups, which serve Asian consumers and corporations, respectively.
Asia Pacific, excluding China, comprises 17%, or USD 5.5 billion of 2011 revenues.
Huawei has established four regional headquarters, 20 representative offices, two R&D centers and six training centers in Asia Pacific.The company has more than 12,000 employees in the region, 45% of whom are engaged in R&D, and 75% of whom were locally recruited.Huawei solutions are deployed by more than 60 operators in more than 20 countries in Asia Pacific.
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication.By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services in Asia Pacific and around the world.Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions and resource costs, contributing to the sustainable development of the society, economy, and the environment across the Asia Pacific region.
Huawei Asia Pacific Customers Include
- Australia: Optus, Telstra, Vodafone
- Hong Kong: Hutchison, Genius
- India: Aircel, Bharti Airtel, BSNL, Idea, MTNL, Reliance, Tata
- Indonesia: Axis Telecom, Bakrie Telecom, HCPT (Tri), Indosat, Telkom, Telkomsel, XL Axiata
- Japan: eAccess, NTT Docomo, Softbank
- Korea: Korea Telecom, SK Telecom
- New Zealand: 2degrees, Ultrafast Fibre
- Philippines: Bayantel, Globe, PLDT Smart
- Singapore: M1, Nucleus Connect, Singtel, Starhub
- Thailand: AIS, CAT, TOT, True
Project Awards in 2011
- Australia: Huawei wins contract to rebuild Vodafone 2G/3G networks nationwide, a total of more than 8,000 base stations; and Huawei announces 700MHz LTE trials with Optus, Australia's first LTE trials in the 700 band
- Hong Kong: Huawei awarded LTE contract by Genius Brand, a joint venture between Hutchison Telecommunications and Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT), to deploy LTE network infrastructure
- Indonesia: Selected to deploy AXIS Telecom 2G/3G network in the islands of Java, Bali, Lombok, Kalimantan by 2013
- Indonesia/Malaysia: Huawei Marine Networks awarded a contract for the Batam-Dumai-Melaka submarine cable project linking Malaysia and Indonesia
- Japan: Softbank Group Company selects Huawei to power its TD-LTE-compatible AXGP network
- New Zealand: Ultrafast Fiber New Zealand selects Huawei for national broadband network rollout; and 2degrees selects Huawei for network expansion
- Philippines: Huawei helps Philippines operator Smart Communications launch WAC app store
- Singapore: M1 Singapore awards Huawei contract to build Southeast Asia’s first commercial LTE network