As a next-generation OTN product, the OptiX OSN 9800 features its large capacity, ASON, and integration of OTN and packet functions. It is mainly deployed on super backbones, backbones, and metro layers. The OptiX OSN 9800 uses the industry-leading Tbit/s universal switching chip and can process services of OTN, VC, PKT, and other granularities. The cross-connect capacity of a single OptiX OSN 9800 subrack reaches 25.6 Tbit/s, and can be expanded to 100 Tbit/s by using cluster solution in the future. The OptiX OSN 9800 adopts a highly integrated modular design, implements 10G/40G/100G/400G/1T/2T transmission, and supports Ethernet, OTN, SDH, storage, video services, and so on. In addition, it integrates ROADM, 10 Tbit/s universal switching, IEEE 1588v2 synchronization, ASON/T-SDN, and various management and protection functions. The OptiX OSN 9800 is the optimal 100G/400G OTN platform in the industry and provides carriers with OTN/WDM transmission solutions featuring ultra broadband, flexible grooming, elasticity, and ASON. The OptiX OSN 9800 provides U64 (25.6T), U32 (12.8T), and U16 (5.6T) subracks to satisfy different application scenarios.
Industry's largest-capacity multi-service OTN (MS-OTN) platform and flexible grooming of services
- Provides the industry's largest OTN cross-connect capacity. Currently the OptiX OSN 9800 can offer congestion-free 25.6 Tbit/s cross-connections, which are scalable to 100 Tbit/s in the future. With such a large cross-connect capacity, the OptiX OSN 9800 enables free grooming of massive services.
- Provides large-capacity OTN electrical cross-connections and 9-degree ROADM optical cross-connections, enabling wavelength-level and sub-wavelength-level grooming and quick service deployment and therefore improving the network flexibility.
- Provides the universal switching matrix based on the industry-leading Tbit/s universal switching chip to implement unified access, switching, and transmission of OTN, VC, and packet services.
- Provides switching, grooming, and transmission of services in any format within a node, such as PW, LSP, Ethernet, ODUk, and VC, improving the networking flexibility.
- Provides the industry exclusive 100G universal processing line card and the 100GE tributary board that supports L2 functions, enabling effective transmission of IP services.
Optimal 100G/400G transmission technology, meeting future bandwidth requirements
- The industry-leading super 100G technology implements up to 5000 km transmission without regenerators.
- Features the highest integration in the industry. A single slot of the OptiX OSN 9800 supports 4-channel 100G coherent line optical ports and each subrack can provide up to 256 100GE ports. On the customer side, each subrack can also provide up to 256 100GE ports. The high integration saves equipment room space and reduces the power consumption.
- The 200G/400G capacity is first available for commercial use and supports evolution to 1T/2T in the future.
Open and flexible network based on T-SDN
- Based on the T-SDN architecture, the OptiX OSN 9800 supports smooth evolution to flexible optical networks. In addition, the OptiX OSN 9800 implements programmable control on the coding format, FEC type, number of carriers, and spectral width to meet the transmission rate and distance requirements in various application scenarios and provide the optimal network performance.
- The OptiX OSN 9800 also implements the unified scheduling of cross-layer or cross-domain network resources and intelligent network management, and supports various APPs and innovative services.
Easy maintenance, O&M efficiency improvement
- The OptiX OSN 9800 features refined and dynamic energy saving mechanisms, 28 nm chip process, highly integrated ASIC chips, and advanced energy saving technologies such as intelligent warm backup, which is highly efficient and greatly reduces power consumption.
- Supports the smart optical manager and online OSNR performance monitoring at any wavelength (10G/40G/100G/200G/400G) and any site. Supports fast site deployment and quick fault diagnosis, which saves investments on instruments and reduces O&M costs.
- Supports the online OTDR function by OSC board, which measures fiber parameters and rapidly locates fault points and deterioration points on a fiber.
- Provides an advanced bandwidth resource platform, which enables visible, simple, and intelligent O&M. The platform is easy to use, displays the current bandwidth distribution on a visible interface, automatically evaluates the bandwidth trend, reports alarms if the bandwidth is insufficient, and achieves user-friendly man-to-machine interaction.
- Uses a unique intelligent power supply pool and the "pay as you grow" mode. Supports visible power supply management on the NMS to achieve on-demand power allocation.
The OptiX OSN 9800 Supports 2M, 1588v2, and synchronous Ethernet clocks, meeting the clock precision requirements of WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA2000, and LTE/LTE-A.