Greater than 10 Tbit/s ultra-large cross-connect capacity and flexible grooming of a great amount of services
- High-capacity switching. One OptiX OSN 9800 subrack supports a maximum of 12.8 Tbit/s cross-connect capacity, to implement large-capacity service grooming. Using only one subrack, this feature lowers power consumption and saves equipment room space. In addition, the cross-connect capacity can be increased to 20 Tbit/s or greater.
- Full-granularity OTN switching. ODUk (k can be 0, 1, 2, 2e, 3, 4, or flex) switching is supported.
- Universal switching of VC/ODU/packet services
High-rate lines that support 40 Gbit/s and 100 Gbit/s services and ultra large expansible access capacity
- Hybrid transmission of 10 Gbit/s, 40 Gbit/s, and 100 Gbit/s signals and smooth upgrade from low-rate to high-rate networks.
- ePDM-QPSK modulation and DCM-free transmission for 100Gbit/s services, simplifying network configurations. The advanced return to zero (RZ), forward error correction (FEC), and digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms enable ultra long-haul transmission of 100 Gbit/s signals, which increases line OSNR tolerance and extends the transmission distance.
- Highly integrated boards and pioneering single-slot 2 x 100G boards, with each subrack supporting a maximum of 128 channels of 100G services.
- Line rates to be upgraded to 400 Gbit/s and 1 Tbit/s in the future
Optimal architecture design, high reliability, and mass data transmission
- Multiple network-level protection schemes and ASON/GMPLS network management capability to protect services.
- Comprehensive equipment protection for power supply devices, fans, and system control board 1+1, and cross-connection resource pools.
High maintainability, excellent operation experience, low power consumption, and easy maintenance reduce OPEX
- Uses advanced energy conservation technologies, including the intelligent fan system and dynamic and static energy conservation.
- Uses an intelligent power supply pool and implements visual power consumption management. Users can configure power terminals based on the number of boards and view power consumption data of subracks in real time.
- Provides the highest configuration, loading, and startup efficiency in the industry, improving operation and maintenance (O&M) efficiency.
- Implements advanced visual management on bandwidth resources and OSNR monitoring using the network management system (NMS).
- Supports seamless interconnection with the OptiX OSN 8800/6800/3800/1800 and achieves end-to-end network management.