What does Huawei do?
- Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
- Huawei currently operates in the following three business segments:
Carrier Business: Develops and manufactures a wide range of wireless networks, fixed networks, global services, software, core networks, IT infrastructure, and network energy solutions for telecommunication operators;
Enterprise Business: Develops ICT products and solutions including enterprise network and IT infrastructure, cloud-based communication, etc. and delivers these solutions to enterprise customers and vertical industries such as governments and public utilities, finance, transportation and energy; and
Consumer Business: Develops and manufactures smartphones, MBB devices and home devices including tablets, wearables and smart home devices, for consumers and businesses.
Who is the owner of Huawei?
- Huawei is an independent private company wholly owned by its employees. Huawei's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) involves 81,144 employees (as of December 31, 2016). Huawei's capital structure and shareholder composition have been filed with China's assets supervision and administration authorities and comply with applicable Chinese laws and regulations.
What are the issuing entities of the outstanding debt?
- The 2022 and 2027 Notes which drawn down from the EMTN programme were issued by Proven Glory Capital Limited and the Notes are guaranteed by Huawei Investment Holding Co., Ltd., the ultimate indirect shareholder of the Issuer.
- The 2025 and 2026 Notes were issued by Proven Honor Capital Limited and the Notes are guaranteed by Huawei Investment Holding Co., Ltd., the ultimate indirect shareholder of the Issuer.
What is Huawei’s credit rating?
- Huawei currently does not have any international nor domestic credit rating.